Dr. Xuchen Shan
Assistant Professor, School of Physics, Behang University
China Postdoctoral Introduction Project (中国博士后国际交流引进项目)
Beihang University Excellence 100 Postdoctoral Fellowship (北航卓越百人博士后)
Dr. Xuchen Shan is working on nanophotonics and biophotonics research. He was awarded the Beihang University Excellent 100 Postdoctoral Fellow (2022) and the Beihang University Excellent Lecturer Postdoctoral Fellow (2023). Dr. Shan has published over 10 peer-reviewed journal articles. His research articles are published in premier international journals, which has resulted in 388 citations and an h-index factor of 6 for his publications.
Google Scholar: Xuchen Shan - Google 学术搜索 (beds.ac.uk)
Research Gate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Xuchen-Shan
The optical tweezers were awarded the Nobel Prize twice for the important contributions to the field of laser cooling and biophotonics. With the development of nanotechnology, research into nanoparticle trapping is now becoming even more important. The two main challenges for nanoparticles trapping are:
1. The sub-60 nm nanoparticles cannot trap stable.
2. The low refractive index sub-60 nm nanoparticles cannot be detected by PSD.
My research is focused on solving these two challenges.
1. Research on lanthanide ions doping upconversion nanoparticles enhances the trap stiffness.
2.Research on video tracking methods to extract localization from video.
1. Nature Nanotechnology(2021) – X. Shan†, F. Wang†, D. Wang, S. Wen, C. Chen, X. Di, P. Nie, J. Liao, Y. Liu, L. Ding, P. J. Reece and D. Jin, “Optical tweezers beyond refractive index mismatch using highly doped nanoparticles”, 2021
2. Advanced Science(2022) – L. Ding†, X. Shan†, D. Wang, B. Liu, Z. Du, X. Di, C. Chen, M. Maddahfar, L. Zhang, Y. Shi, P. J. Reece, B. Halkon, I. Aharonovich, X. Xu, F. Wang “Lanthanide Ion Resonance‐Driven Rayleigh Scattering of Nanoparticles for Dual‐Modality Interferometric Scattering Microscopy”, vol.9, 2203354, 2022
3. Nanoscale(2020) – L. Gao, X. Shan, X. Xu, Y. Liu, B. Liu, S. Li, S. Wen, C. Ma, D. Jin and F. Wang” Video-rate upconverting display by optimizing lanthanide ions doped upconversion nanoparticles”, vol. 12, 36, 2020
4. Advanced Materials(2021) – C. Chen, B. Liu, Y. Liu, J. Liao, X. Shan, F. Wang and D. Jin. “Heterochromatic Nonlinear Optical Responses in Upconversion Nanoparticles for Super-Resolution Nanoscopy”, vol.33, 23, 2008847
5. Nano letters(2020) – B. Liu, C. Chen, X. Di, J. Liao, S. Wen, Q. P. Su, X. Shan, Z. Xu, L. A. Ju, C. Mi, F. Wang, and D. Jin, “Upconversion nonlinear structured illumination microscopy”, vol. 20, 7, 2020
6. Small(2020) – Y. Liu, F. Wang, H. Lu, G, Fang, S. Wen, C. Chen, X. Shan, X. Xu, L. Zhang, M. Stenzel and D. Jin, “Super-Resolution Mapping of Single Nanoparticles inside Tumor Spheroids”, 1905572, 2020
7. Nature Communication (2018) – C. Chen†, F. Wang*†, S. Wen, Q. P. Su, M. C.L. Wu, Y. Liu, B. Wang, D. Li, X. Shan, M. Kianinia, I. Aharonovich, M. Toth, S. P. Jackson, P. Xi and D. Jin, “Multi-photon near-infrared emission saturation nanoscopy using upconversion nanoparticles”, vol. 9(1), 4, 2018